If you are looking for something light and tasy, but also healthy and filling, this Quinoa Avocado Salad with Black Beans Over Arugula Recipe is the perfect Summer dish!
Quinoa is naturally gluten free, high in protein, low in the glycemic index, and is also higher in fiber than most grains! Add delicious avocado, black beans, and the other fresh items in this recipe and you’ll be on your way! You can even top it off with some grilled chicken!
- YIELD: 4 Servings
- READY IN:
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 3/4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 Scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds toasted
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 4 Cups Baby Arugula
- 1 Fresh Ripe Avocado sliced
- 1 Can (15 ounce) Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- Rinse the quinoa and drain. Place in a saucepan with the water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat. Let simmer for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for another 8 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove the quinoa from the pan and fluff with a fork onto a plate to cool. When cool, add the pepper, scallions, and pumpkin seeds. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Toss with the quinoa.
- To serve, place arugula on a plate, spoon the quinoa salad on top, then garnish with fresh sliced avocado, a spoon of drained black beans, and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Optional: add slices of grilled chicken breast seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper.