Try this delicious Summer recipe for Grilled Chicken with Fresh Grape Glaze. Combining fresh grapes with soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary with your grilled chicken will bring a unique Summer flavor to the table! The natural sugars in the grapes will carmelize during the cooking, giving the finished dish the charred crust that makes this grilled chicken recipe a keeper! Not to mention that chicken is also low in fat and calories and high in protein, which makes this meal ideal for weight loss and management.
Yield: 6 Servings (Serving Size: 1 Thigh and 1 Drumstick)
- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Fresh rosemary leaves (optional)
Preparing the GLAZE
- Place grapes in a blender; process until smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add garlice; cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring occationally. Stir in pureed grapes, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and 1 teaspoon rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thick. Cool slightly.
- Place grape mixture in blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
Preparing the GRILL
- To prepare chicken, brush 1 tablespoon oil over chicken; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons rosemary, pepper, and salt. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 25 minutes or until done, turning and basting frequently with grape glaze. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.