If you are looking for an authentic, protein-packed, well balanced vegetarian Summer dish, look no further than these yummy double black bean tacos! These tacos are perfect for your Summertime dinner menu made fresh with tomatoes, onions, cilantro, avocados, and limes!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1. Dice Tomatoes
2. Corn Tortillas
3. Red Onions
5. Canned Black Beans
7. Brown Rice
8. Chipotles in adobo (Small Peppers)
10. Cotija Cheese (a hard cow’s milk cheese that originated from Mexico)
1. Blend 1 can of black beans in can’s liquid. Add 1-2 chipotles and 1 Tbsp. of adobo sauce. You can add more adobo sauce for more heat.
2. Strain the second can of beans. Add the whole beans into the puree along with the brown rice.
3. Spread onto lightly toasted tortillas. Add diced tomatoes and sliced avocados.
4. Garnish with Cotija Cheese. Add Cilantro, red onions, and freshly squeezed lime juice!