For dinner tonight, try making this flavorful and nutritious Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetable dish!
Coconut Curry and Chicken Recipe
Makes 4 Servings Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook: 25 to 30 Mins Ready In: 35 Mins
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds
1 Cup Onion chopped
1 Tablespoon Garlic chopped
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
2 Large (or 4 small) Chicken Breasts bone-in
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Small Carrot diced
2 Cups Cauliflower
1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
1 Apple chopped
1 Can (13 ounce) Coconut Milk
1 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas
Fresh Cilantro chopped for garnish
- In a large sauté pan heat the sesame oil on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and stir for 10 seconds until they start to pop; be careful not to burn them. Immediately add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until they begin to sweat.
- Add curry and cayenne and stir to coat onions.
- Add the chicken, sprinkle with ½ tsp. of the salt, and sear on all sides.
- Add the carrots, cauliflower, and green pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the apple, coconut milk, and remaining salt and simmer on low heat for 15 – 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peas and simmer 2 to 3 more minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.