For dinner tonight try making these delicious chicken and black bean wraps in steamed collard greens with avocado and salsa! Homemade and ready in just 25 minutes!
Chicken and Black Bean Wraps in Steamed Collard Greens with Avocado And Salsa
Makes 4 Servings Prep: 15 Mins, Cook: 10 Mins, Ready in: 25 Mins
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 198, carbohydrates 2.1 g, fiber 0 g, protein 22.8 g, fat 11.3 g, cholesterol 66 mg, sodium 156 mg, calcium 11 mg
½ Tablespoon Ground Cumin
2 Tablespoons Paprika
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
1 Pinch Sea Salt
½ Pound Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
1 Tablespooon Grape Seed or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
1 Cups Water
4 Large Collard Greens
1 Can (15oz) Black Beans Drained
1 Ripe Avocado Sliced
2 Medium Ripe Tomatoes Diced
1 Tablespoon Red Onion Diced
1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Pinch Sea Salt
Optional: Hot Sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Slice the chicken into thin strips and coat in the olive oil or grapeseed oil, then toss in the spices.
2. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and lightly coat with additional oil as needed. Lay the chicken strips in the hot pan and sear on all sides until cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken, sprinkle with lemon or lime juice, and set aside to cool.
3. Place the water in a sauté pan and bring to a boil. Add the collard greens, cover, and cook for 1 minute, then remove and rinse under cold water to cool.
4. To prepare the salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
5. To make the wraps, layer the chicken strips, black beans, avocado slices, and fresh salsa on the collard greens. Roll the greens, tucking in the edges. Add the hot sauce for extra heat.